Home        About Dan        News        Books        Forum        Art

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#4667 - 03/09/06 05:14 AM WAR: source of great Writing?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Now i know itīs sounding a little bizarre, coming from an austrian and all that but I am reading GREEN HILLS OF AFRICA and our favorite journalist-turned-novellist is ranting considerable amounts of text about the merits of War and why every writer needs one to write really well. War teaches Writers, H. says. Is that true? And the best War ever is a Civil War. Why is that so? Why was War so important for Hemingway?

You americans are knee deep in one. Maybe soon enough you will be in a Civil War too. How does it effect your writing? Are you covering the War somehow?

Of course the role of War isnīt the only comment about Writing in GREEN HILLS OF AFRICA. There is a beautiful interview between Kadinsky, an austrian, and Hemingway. Hemingway says many interesting things to Kadinsky. In return Kadinsky sings and dances and is very polite to Hemingway. Ah, we austrians! Always meeting the interesting people!

PS: Even then the austrians made the very best desserts of butter! Even then!!

#169983 - 06/10/20 06:15 AM Re: WAR: source of great Writing? [Re: Anonymous]
leonamargret Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Animation Kingdom
This is one of my favorite website that I used to read the blogs. All the cbd benefits articles that is sharing here is very extraordinary and interesting to read. This is also exciting to read. Thank you so much for sharing it here
Page 1 of 1 1

Hop to:

Generated in 0.035 seconds in which 0.007 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression disabled.

Home    Books    Curtis on Publishing   Previews    Bio    Bibliography    Snapshots     Foreign News    Reader's Forum    Art