Home        About Dan        News        Books        Forum        Art

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#169678 - 02/22/20 07:03 AM Omega Canyon? Mr Simmons?
Rabbit100 Offline

Loc: Western Cape
Hi fellow fans,

Can anyone confirm what is happening with Omega Canyon? It has been over 3 years in the coming?

Could anyone confirm whether our favourite author is doing well?

Hope the order of the questions doesn't seem insensitive, I would obviously much rather have Mr Simmons doing well and the book being delayed or cancelled.

#169680 - 02/22/20 05:02 PM Re: Omega Canyon? Mr Simmons? [Re: Rabbit100]
Deianus Offline

Loc: Finland
I hope Simmons will live to be 147, like Jack Vance and by that time they've figured out the whole telomere deal and he'll still be writing books, when he lives on Alpha Centauri in the 2500's.

#169681 - 02/22/20 05:06 PM Re: Omega Canyon? Mr Simmons? [Re: Rabbit100]
Shrike1 Offline
veteran

Loc: Greenville, NC
 Originally Posted By: Rabbit100
Hi fellow fans,

Can anyone confirm what is happening with Omega Canyon? It has been over 3 years in the coming?

Could anyone confirm whether our favourite author is doing well?

Hope the order of the questions doesn't seem insensitive, I would obviously much rather have Mr Simmons doing well and the book being delayed or cancelled.

The latest I heard was from over a year ago on Facebook posted by Mr. Simmons:

Dan Simmons update on Omega Canyon, January 13, 2019

OMEGA CANYON is still a work in progress. I shan't go into all the reasons why, but it IS still being written. (It's about 900 pp in final draft right now). I'm sorry that people have been waiting, but -- to quote my late friend Harlan Ellison -- "The work will be finished when the work is FINISHED."

#169687 - 02/25/20 05:17 PM Re: Omega Canyon? Mr Simmons? [Re: Rabbit100]
Gilbert Offline
enthusiast

About 2 months ago Locus (the magazine of SF) had Omega Canyon listed for March 2020 publication. Now Omega Canyon is not listed in any month of 2020.
#169691 - 02/27/20 07:21 PM Re: Omega Canyon? Mr Simmons? [Re: Gilbert]
steele,rick Online   content
Super User

Loc: Sarasota, Florida
I'm sad too. I had high hopes of reading OC as a Christmas 2019 book Alas. And then just yesterday, prolific author Clive Cussler has passed into the next world.

#169714 - 03/10/20 01:30 PM Re: Omega Canyon? Mr Simmons? [Re: steele,rick]
Rabbit100 Offline

Loc: Western Cape
Mr Simmons seems fine. I see he is making posts on his facebook page....that said perhaps his brilliant lambasting of Greta Thunberg on said facebook and the repercussions from the literary world as is now a guarantee to anyone bold enough to string together a few sentences which highlight truth and common sense caused the delay in the book release?

Lets hope his publicist didn't drop him.

This new world I find myself in is truly frightening.

Just delete this post or thread if it is going to cause any grief to our Host.

#169715 - 03/10/20 02:23 PM Re: Omega Canyon? Mr Simmons? [Re: Rabbit100]
steele,rick Online   content
Super User

Loc: Sarasota, Florida
I'm sure someday we'll hear about the behind-the-scenes machinations of famed author, brilliant book agent, cruel and evil book publishers, etc.

#169747 - 03/24/20 05:18 AM Re: Omega Canyon? Mr Simmons? [Re: steele,rick]
charlly Online   content

Loc: sydney
Omega Canyon is a very nice book to read. This is a masterpiece of the author Dan Simmons. This book deals with the exciting story of a scientist turned Nazi spy betraying on America's nuclear war program. best bus accident lawyers near me You will love reading it.
Page 1 of 1 1

Hop to:

Generated in 0.034 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression disabled.

Home    Books    Curtis on Publishing   Previews    Bio    Bibliography    Snapshots     Foreign News    Reader's Forum    Art