Home        About Dan        News        Books        Forum        Art

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#169571 - 01/01/20 06:18 PM A Quiet Place: Part II
ColinFraizer Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Indiana, USA
I saw that the sequel to the innovative horror film A Quiet Place released its trailer:

A Quiet Place: Part II Trailer

Why do I mention it on the DSF, you ask?

Clicking around, I ended up on the film's Wikipedia page and read this paragraph:

Quote:
In June 2019, production began on the sequel. Filming officially commenced on July 15, 2019. Filming took place throughout Western New York. Locations included Erie County and one of its villages, Akron. Other locations included the city of North Tonawanda and the hamlet of Olcott in Niagara County, and Barcelona Harbor in the town of Westfield in Chautauqua County. Filming also took place on a sound stage in Buffalo, New York. One of the last filming locations, the northbound South Grand Island Bridge, was shut down for 13 hours for filming.

Fans of Dan Simmons might recall mentions of some of these places in the Joe Kurtz novels or references to Chautauqua (at least indirectly) in Flashback.

#169572 - 01/01/20 06:36 PM Re: A Quiet Place: Part II [Re: ColinFraizer]
ColinFraizer Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Indiana, USA
I, for one, am super-excited about the (rumored) forthcoming Hard as Omega Canyon. According to Internet sources [read: my fevered imagination], the novel will include developments such as:
- Joe Kurtz's marriage to Angelina Farino Ferrara
- Arlene DeMarco's switch to vaping
- A miraculously-recovered Sean Michael O'Toole's move to Los Angeles where he acquires a new cap

The author has been closed-mouthed about the plot, but at San Diego ComicCon, he read a draft excerpt from a subplot in which Kurtz is pursued by bumbling trainee assassins Rosencrantz and Guildenstern as well as by Shemp, an ex-con seeking vengeance for his brothers' deaths.

#169574 - 01/01/20 07:42 PM Re: A Quiet Place: Part II [Re: ColinFraizer]
Shrike1 Online   content
veteran

Loc: Greenville, NC
 Originally Posted By: ColinFraizer

- A miraculously-recovered Sean Michael O'Toole's move to Los Angeles where he acquires a new cap

I had forgotten there was a character named Michael O’Toole in the Joe Kurtz’s novels. He must be the second character Dan named to honor his friend from Illinois back in 1960 when they were around 11 years old. The other character being Michael O’Rourke from SUMMER OF NIGHT & CHILDREN OF THE NIGHT. Here are a few pictures of them together way back when:

http://www.dansimmons.com/about/snapshots.htm

Greg

#169591 - 01/07/20 08:43 PM Re: A Quiet Place: Part II [Re: ColinFraizer]
steele,rick Online   content
Super User

Loc: Sarasota, Florida
Colin, are you just joking about the rumored forthcoming Hard.....book???

Yes, you are!!!

You left out a salient scene in the book, where Manhattan Engineering District supervisor J. Robert Oppenheimer meets Hollywood Bombshell (and genius herself) Hedy Lamar: After a wanton night of hot fusion, they plot to take over the world.

#169720 - 03/13/20 01:16 PM Re: A Quiet Place: Part II [Re: ColinFraizer]
mosesantony2013 Offline

Loc: Tamil nadu
All the article that is being posted on this hemp extract vs hemp oil site is really very nice that once if you read it you will be reading it very often and it is easy for you to improve your language skills. Hence you will be satisfied once if you through this.
Page 1 of 1 1

Hop to:

Generated in 0.031 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression disabled.

Home    Books    Curtis on Publishing   Previews    Bio    Bibliography    Snapshots     Foreign News    Reader's Forum    Art