Home        About Dan        News        Books        Forum        Art

Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#169329 - 08/30/19 05:17 PM Farewell?
Shrike1 Online   content
veteran

Loc: Greenville, NC
Well, I suppose Dan has unfriended me on Facebook. And that is his prerogative. I hate that it happened as I have been chatting on and off with him since 1995 online at AOL and throughout the different iterations of his websites and up until yesterday on Facebook.

Early on it was all about his books and stories and then over time on his forum we had quite a few disagreements and differences of opinion. But maybe by luck or my insignificance, I was never banished from the treehouse here. I wish I would have left on my own a few times but I never did.

After posting this I assume I will finally be expunged from this forum. If you ever get another book or some stories published I will be one of the first in line to buy it.

I guess my Facebook post was just a little too on point for you to deal with. It's a shame.

Greg Lee

#169330 - 08/30/19 07:24 PM Re: Farewell? [Re: Shrike1]
Happy Birthday steele,rick Online   content
Super User

Loc: Sarasota, Florida
It was a good run while it lasted.

I looked once or twice on the Stephen King forum, jeez, there were thousands of people all over the place. Dan's Treehouse has always had a small, personal feel where you could kick off your shoes and have a cold brew.

And chat with a well-known author. How many other authors do that?

Is it time for the Treehouse to burn down? Who can say?

I'm still hoping that Omega Canyon will be a Christmas book this year.

Nobody left here but us chickens.......and a few crickets...cherp cheap cheap.

#169331 - 09/01/19 02:46 PM Re: Farewell? [Re: steele,rick]
CPD Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Lorain County, Ohio, USA
I really doubt you'll expunged. This is a different venue than Facebook. Stick around. In a private exchange with him some years ago, Dan had some hard advice for me, which I deserved. It stung, but I stuck around. I'm glad I did.

#169332 - 09/02/19 05:11 PM Re: Farewell? [Re: CPD]
jmill Online   content
Full Shrike

Yeah, who am I going to fight with if you leave? Stick around, Greg.

#169333 - 09/03/19 06:38 AM Re: Farewell? [Re: jmill]
wes Offline
addict

Loc: USA
I would rather have the thoughtful people, stay around. I miss a lot of the people that have been forced out, for whatever reason-even if that person is just embarassed. I piss off people. I don't mean to. I just can't control that. I live, so I make no excuses how I do it. It's just something most of you have never had to do. Cheers.

Edited by wes (09/03/19 06:40 AM)

#169334 - 09/03/19 07:30 PM Re: Farewell? [Re: wes]
jmill Online   content
Full Shrike

I don't believe anyone has been forced out of this forum, not even by embarrassment. Some people have chosen to leave because they were hoping to find a safe place to trash others with ad hoc attacks, and as such were told to put up or shut up, and couldn't take the heat. Once in a blue moon Dan has banned an actual troll. If people are civil on the Hot Buttons forum then they are forced to do only one thing: defend their assertions with facts and state their opinions with a modicum of courtesy. Every once in a while Dan has chastised someone for being out of line (myself included) and usually that person modifies their behavior and carries on. No one is told they can't have their own opinions, or be blunt about them. That happens on extremist forums where orgies of personal attacks are visited upon anyone with the temerity to disagree with the (usually left-wing) party line. Most of the folks on this forum are centrists, leaning a bit one way or the other, probably a few more to the right than the left, but essentially middle-of-the-roaders. There's not a single person currently on this forum that I want to leave, whether they agree with me or not.

#169335 - 09/04/19 04:29 PM Re: Farewell? [Re: jmill]
ColinFraizer Online   content
enthusiast

Loc: Indiana, USA
"There's not a single person…"

Besides me, who are the others? :-)

#169336 - 09/04/19 04:29 PM Re: Farewell? [Re: Shrike1]
enthusiast

I hope you'll stay.
#169338 - 09/04/19 07:25 PM Re: Farewell? [Re: ColinFraizer]
jmill Online   content
Full Shrike

Originally Posted By: ColinFraizer
"There's not a single person…"

Besides me, who are the others? :-)

I take it you're NOT single? Then YOU'll have to go!

#169339 - 09/04/19 10:58 PM Re: Farewell? [Re: jmill]
enthusiast

Sadly, I'm happily married.
[I really enjoyed writing that sentence.]

Page 1 of 2 12>

Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.

Home    Books    Curtis on Publishing   Previews    Bio    Bibliography    Snapshots     Foreign News    Reader's Forum    Art