Home        About Dan        News        Books        Forum        Art

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#169167 - 06/04/19 02:58 PM THE TERROR makes Jeopardy!
AuntJobiska Offline
enthusiast

Loc: USA
Yes, a Jeopardy question about THE TERROR! Last night! See it here at about the 11:30 mark:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CwgdVoDLHpY

#169168 - 06/04/19 06:22 PM Re: THE TERROR makes Jeopardy! [Re: AuntJobiska]
steele,rick Online   content
Super User

Loc: Sarasota, Florida
Shortly after that, Champion James lost. Did he throw the game on purpose? Some have said that he was waiting for a worthy opponent...and found one last night.

His final bet was uncharacteristically low...

Will he be wearing Black Sox today?

Still, he had a very impressive run.

#169175 - 06/07/19 09:20 PM Re: THE TERROR makes Jeopardy! [Re: steele,rick]
springer2 Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Temecula, CA
His final bet was strategic. He just ran into someone who played a perfect game. She didn't miss a single question that night. And the categories worked out in her favor.

I definitely got a chuckle out of seeing "The Terror" as an answer. Good stuff.

Springer

#169198 - 06/17/19 04:02 PM Re: THE TERROR makes Jeopardy! [Re: springer2]
Bontrager Online   content

Loc: California
"THE TERROR makes Jeopardy!"

I scoffed at this whole idea, thinking that Jeopardy was pretty good even before the Terror question, so it didn't "make" Jeopardy. But then I overheard this guy who was saying that he never used to watch the show until someone mentioned the series. And then another time, it was a woman: She appeared to be saying exactly the same thing!! She had heard that it had been one of the questions. So don't quote me, but it may be true.

The kicker to all this is that Jeopardy viewership doubled afterwards, according to Nielsen, and our host said, "I'll not deny it" (AP report).

Page 1 of 1 1

Hop to:

Generated in 0.02 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression disabled.

Home    Books    Curtis on Publishing   Previews    Bio    Bibliography    Snapshots     Foreign News    Reader's Forum    Art