#169131 - 05/22/19 06:01 AM History Buffs: The Terror
Rabbit100 Offline

Loc: Western Cape
Very interesting review on the facts behind the history of the tv series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTgmCf82s3U

#169143 - 05/26/19 05:03 PM Re: History Buffs: The Terror [Re: Rabbit100]
Deianus Offline

Loc: Finland
I'm not watching that video without seeing the show, but recently I saw the one about Apocalypto, where the dude repeatedly called the Mexicans of that movie Mayans. They were Aztecs (or Mexica). Perhaps that's just the need to produce content making the creator tired and sloppy, but not a quality channel.

#169144 - 05/27/19 03:46 AM Re: History Buffs: The Terror [Re: Deianus]
Enright Offline
Super User

Loc: CA
 Originally Posted By: Deianus
I'm not watching that video without seeing the show, but recently I saw the one about Apocalypto, where the dude repeatedly called the Mexicans of that movie Mayans. They were Aztecs (or Mexica). Perhaps that's just the need to produce content making the creator tired and sloppy, but not a quality channel.

The Mayan Empire included parts of Mexico: "Apocalypto [set in Mexico's Yucatán peninsula] is a spectacular movie about the decline of the Maya Civilization that was directed by Mel Gibson in 2006. It was the first "mainstream" movie in the United States to have a script entirely in an indigenous language - Yucatec Maya."

#169145 - 05/27/19 07:29 AM Re: History Buffs: The Terror [Re: Enright]
Deianus Offline

Loc: Finland
Well I thought the movie takes place specically in Aztec area, with the capital where the prisoners are taken, being Tenochtitlan and the "king" being Moctezuma. I guess "behind the scenes" stuff would have told me otherwise. Anyway, cool movie.

Page 1 of 1 1

Hop to:

Generated in 0.021 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression disabled.

Home    Books    Curtis on Publishing   Previews    Bio    Bibliography    Snapshots     Foreign News    Reader's Forum    Art