Home        About Dan        News        Books        Forum        Art

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#169123 - 05/19/19 06:12 PM Food! Watcha cooking tonight?
AuntJobiska Offline
enthusiast

Loc: USA
Y'all know I love to cook, and for years i have thought about starting a food thread here, but always chickened out (smile). Well, now I am brave and full of gumption (and vinegar and ... Oh well, never mind!). So here goes.

Tonight, I am making this Chicken Marsala:

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/chicken-marsala-232152

My little tweaks: Using Kerrygold butter, using chicken tenders instead of chicken breasts. Why? The tenders were on sale and Elderly Dad can chew them more easily. The Kerrygold butter is super delicious and contains butyrate (because cows are pastured and totally grass-fed) which is good for Elderly Dad's neurological and digestive issues. Our old friend Bellis would understand! I used to buy Danish butter from pastured cows, but can no longer find it, so Kerrygold Irish butter it is. If you see this, Bellis, hi! I miss you here so much! Isn't butter from grass-fed cows the best ever? And such a beautiful yellow!

Side dishes: Tender egg noodles (with the yummy sauce), fresh asparagus, and spinach salad with fresh avocado, crumbled crispy bacon and Kalamada olives.

To drink: Mineral water and a good-enough white table wine (Rooster wine).

Dessert: Fresh cherries and nice French cheeses. Yes, the cherries were on sale.

So, what are you cooking tonight? Any good recipes?

Okay, I confess. I'm hoping to learn some great new recipes from you guys. VEZI? I know you have some fabulous recipes!

ETA: Another tweak: I make bone broth from chicken feet, chicken backs and chicken necks and freeze as ice cubes after making chicken and dumplings. So I use the cubes in place of store-bought chicken broth. Chicken feet rock!

Edited by AuntJobiska (05/19/19 06:22 PM)

#169124 - 05/20/19 12:33 PM Re: Food! Watcha cooking tonight? [Re: AuntJobiska]
VEZI Online   content
veteran

Loc: Québec, Canada
Hélas Auntie, beeing French speaking does not make me a Haute Gastronomie reference... far from it! But I really appreciate good table pleasures, especially when I am not involved in the making. :-)

#169125 - 05/20/19 04:16 PM Re: Food! Watcha cooking tonight? [Re: VEZI]
AuntJobiska Offline
enthusiast

Loc: USA
That's okay, VEZI. Thanks for teaching me about poutine! And I must remind myself every time I say it (which is naturally not often), that it's poutine, not putain!

Tantine

#169126 - 05/20/19 07:45 PM Re: Food! Watcha cooking tonight? [Re: AuntJobiska]
VEZI Online   content
veteran

Loc: Québec, Canada
Yeah, calling a putain in a French speaking restaurant could bring strange results... :-D

Page 1 of 1 1

Hop to:

Generated in 0.022 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression disabled.

Home    Books    Curtis on Publishing   Previews    Bio    Bibliography    Snapshots     Foreign News    Reader's Forum    Art