Home        About Dan        News        Books        Forum        Art

Page 1 of 2 12>
Topic Options
#169088 - 05/11/19 08:18 AM Ben Shapiro DESTROYS his overseas reputation
Silence Offline
enthusiast

Loc: South Africa
Ben was asked to clarify his own words in an interview style typical of British News TV, which apparently is now called "a gotcha interview".

He calls the interviewer left wing, but Neil has been a very big shot in Rupert Murdoch's media empire in the UK for decades.

Ben just destroyed himself, and the internet is cracking up about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VixqvOcK8E

#169089 - 05/11/19 08:27 AM Re: Ben Shapiro DESTROYS his overseas reputation [Re: Silence]
Silence Offline
enthusiast

Ben basically misspoke to someone who could be his boss. I bet he's feeling the heat backstage
#169090 - 05/11/19 08:40 AM Re: Ben Shapiro DESTROYS his overseas reputation [Re: Silence]
Silence Offline
enthusiast

Andrew Neil made his name as a Conservative through a solo podcast and taking questions from 17 year old communists.

He is just not in the same league as Shapiro.

I suspect Neil may not have appreciated what Ben said about unorthodox jews and decided to show the world who he really is. A snowflake.

#169091 - 05/11/19 04:11 PM Re: Ben Shapiro DESTROYS his overseas reputation [Re: Silence]
Enright Offline
Super User

Loc: CA
 Originally Posted By: Silence
Andrew Neil made his name as a Conservative through a solo podcast and taking questions from 17 year old communists.

I suspect Neil may not have appreciated what Ben said about unorthodox jews and decided to show the world who he really is. A snowflake.

To me this is sort of like looking at Stephen Curry having an off night and saying that as a basketball player that's who he really is. A snowflake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K__leXPA6wM

#169092 - 05/12/19 12:19 AM Re: Ben Shapiro DESTROYS his overseas reputation [Re: Enright]
ScottSA Offline
CEO of the Hegemony

Loc: Canada
 Originally Posted By: Enright

To me this is sort of like looking at Stephen Curry having an off night and saying that as a basketball player that's who he really is. A snowflake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K__leXPA6wM
To me it seems a lot like trolling lol

#169093 - 05/12/19 07:18 AM Re: Ben Shapiro DESTROYS his overseas reputation [Re: Enright]
Silence Offline
enthusiast

No, it would be like looking at Stephen Curry if someone revealed he had actually been a cheater the whole time, as Stephen Curry would defend himself with lies. Or looking at a sect guru having written a book in which he would criticize others for showing anger, being exposed himself and getting angry when confronted by questioning from a peer on the hypocrisy of his own words.

Ben alleged in the interview that the "Ben Shapiro DESTROYS..." videos are being put up independently of his will, in order to escape criticism that he participates in fostering anger in the political discourse. Yet there is irrefutable evidence he promoted these videos himself.

So he is also exposed as a liar.

#169094 - 05/12/19 04:03 PM Re: Ben Shapiro DESTROYS his overseas reputation [Re: Silence]
Enright Offline
Super User

No, it would be like looking at Stephen Curry if someone revealed he had actually been a cheater the whole time, as Stephen Curry would defend himself with lies. Or looking at a sect guru having written a book in which he would criticize others for showing anger, being exposed himself and getting angry when confronted by questioning from a peer on the hypocrisy of his own words.

Ben alleged in the interview that the "Ben Shapiro DESTROYS..." videos are being put up independently of his will, in order to escape criticism that he participates in fostering anger in the political discourse. Yet there is irrefutable evidence he promoted these videos himself.

So he is also exposed as a liar.

It seems to me that political debate could be considered as something of a spectator sport, with performers and fans on both sides. It is a form of discourse that political speeches and discussions can easily evolve into, even when not formally presented that way as such. With regard to the sport of basketball, we can imagine headlines in the Houston papers saying, "Harding Destroys Curry in Game 3," or in the San Francisco papers, "Klay Thompson Destroys Houston in Game 6." Personally I would not characterize either headline as "fostering anger" among the respective fans, given that a feeling of triumph is not ipso facto a feeling of anger.

In any event, newspaper headlines, if not direct quotes, are written by newspaper editors, not athletes. And in the above hypothetical examples, Harding could deny that he ever said "Harding Destroys Houston in Game 3"; and Klay Thompson could claim that he never said "destroy." That is what Ben Shapiro said about the "destroy" terminology. He never used it, and it wasn't his words. And he was right.

It seems to me that the "part of the problem" conception is not well-defined, and in some instances revolves on itself. In other words, sometimes accusations of "part of the problem," appear to be part of the problem. "Part of the problem" is not well-defined because it has no governor by extension. Suppose for example that over the years Ben Shapiro has written and said 80,000 things, and we pick 9 examples showing that his writings and perhaps he himself are "part of the problem." Nine divided by 80,000 is 0.00001125, a tiny fraction of his statements, and yet we are supposed to accept on this evidence that his statements in general and he himself are "part of the problem." By that standard we are all guilty because more or less is not well-defined.

Edited by Enright (05/12/19 05:16 PM)

#169096 - 05/12/19 07:09 PM Re: Ben Shapiro DESTROYS his overseas reputation [Re: Enright]
Silence Offline
enthusiast

Ben Shapiro's number one strategy is to talk too fast for anyone to be able catch up on all the propaganda and falsehoods he keeps repeating (the GOP catechism with a dose of libertarianism). Therefore it's not 9 bad cases in 80,000, it's more like 79,000 in 80,000 (yes, I do think he is right sometimes).

This one was just an example absolutely impossible to defend

#169097 - 05/12/19 09:20 PM Re: Ben Shapiro DESTROYS his overseas reputation [Re: Silence]
Enright Offline
Super User

Ben Shapiro's number one strategy is to talk too fast for anyone to be able catch up on all the propaganda and falsehoods he keeps repeating (the GOP catechism with a dose of libertarianism). Therefore it's not 9 bad cases in 80,000, it's more like 79,000 in 80,000 (yes, I do think he is right sometimes).

This one was just an example absolutely impossible to defend

Well, start listing with explanations of each, and we'll look at it again when you get to 200 distinct cases of "fostering anger." Tip: Blather on your part is not evidence.

#169098 - 05/12/19 11:44 PM Re: Ben Shapiro DESTROYS his overseas reputation [Re: Silence]
jmill Online   content
Full Shrike

Scottsa is right, you're looking a lot like a troll, Silence. In fact, if you really are from South Africa, you have far more important issues right on your own doorstep to deal with, such as the new apartheid your ANC now wants to institute. Racism runs rampant through the South African government. What are you doing about it? Or are you okay with stealing land based on skin color? Physician, heal thyself.

Edited by jmill (05/12/19 11:48 PM)

Page 1 of 2 12>

Hop to:

Generated in 0.025 seconds in which 0.005 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.

Home    Books    Curtis on Publishing   Previews    Bio    Bibliography    Snapshots     Foreign News    Reader's Forum    Art