Home        About Dan        News        Books        Forum        Art

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#169083 - 05/10/19 02:28 PM The Decline of the West, and so on
Enright Offline
Super User

Loc: CA
I like this man's scholarship and erudition. Although his lecture is a few years old (October 2015), his main topics are just as relevant today. (As an art student, I was particularly pleased that he mentioned the reemergence of realist art schools trending in the U.S., and particularly Juliette Aristides of Seattle.) It's all very interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMz3clGp_MY

#169104 - 05/14/19 02:18 AM Re: The Decline of the West, and so on [Re: Enright]
Little John Offline
old hand

Loc: Bryan, TX
Thanks for posting that video link. It's getting damn rare to see anyone in British academia who's willing to stand up in defense of the values that are the foundation for their own small nation's amazing accomplishments over the last half millenia as well as that of the West as a whole.

But doing so has it's risks - you're probably familiar with the vile character assassination that's been recently attempted against Scruton - if not, read about it here.

Edited by Little John (05/14/19 02:18 AM)

#169105 - 05/14/19 11:41 AM Re: The Decline of the West, and so on [Re: Little John]
Enright Offline
Super User

Loc: CA
 Originally Posted By: Little John
Thanks for posting that video link. It's getting damn rare to see anyone in British academia who's willing to stand up in defense of the values that are the foundation for their own small nation's amazing accomplishments over the last half millenia as well as that of the West as a whole.

But doing so has it's risks - you're probably familiar with the vile character assassination that's been recently attempted against Scruton - if not, read about it here.

Thanks for that. Appalling.

Page 1 of 1 1

Hop to:

Generated in 0.027 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression disabled.

Home    Books    Curtis on Publishing   Previews    Bio    Bibliography    Snapshots     Foreign News    Reader's Forum    Art