Home        About Dan        News        Books        Forum        Art

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#169011 - 05/01/19 07:10 PM Hyperion Series
Johnkenerson71 Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
So with the success of Game of Thrones, is it possible that Hyperion/Endymion could be optioned and turned into a multiple season series? Imagine the richness that such a treatment could bring. I'd love to see a treeship on screen, or how they would handle A. Betticks appearance. Of course, the Catholic church might pitch a fit.

I wish I had a couple hundred million bucks to kickstart such a project.

I'd get Joe Kosinski or Peter Berg to direct. These guys are great visual storytellers.

#169012 - 05/01/19 09:27 PM Re: Hyperion Series [Re: Johnkenerson71]
jmill Online   content
Full Shrike

This idea has been pined over for many years here on the forum. I believe the material has been optioned several times, if I'm remembering correctly what Dan has said. Most recently Bradley Cooper was going to write a screenplay for it, but that never got anywhere, and Dan may have the rights back again (and may have already optioned them off again for all I know).

I think more diagnostic of what may happen with other of Dan's works is the success of THE TERROR. The entire run of ten episodes is now streaming on AMC, according to an email I received from AMC this morning, so that should bring even more eyes to his work, and hopefully convince someone to make more of his books into movies or television. If I were Bill Gates-rich, I would find a way to make it happen myself, starting with CARRION COMFORT, and then moving on to either Hyperion or Ilium-Olympos, another personal favorite. And then, for those who aren't quite so interested in speculative fiction, he has several wonderful historical fictions (DROOD, THE FIFTH HEART, BLACK HILLS, THE ABOMINABLE, etc.) You could make an entire career as a producer out of his body of work, and every work unique.

Page 1 of 1 1

Hop to:

Generated in 0.029 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression disabled.

Home    Books    Curtis on Publishing   Previews    Bio    Bibliography    Snapshots     Foreign News    Reader's Forum    Art