Home        About Dan        News        Books        Forum        Art

Page 1 of 3 123>
Topic Options
#168995 - 04/26/19 04:47 PM Mueller report
jmill Online   content
Full Shrike

So far, not much has been posted on this forum about the Mueller report exonerating Trump in the Russian collusion nonsense. I suspect that is because most of us here are not surprised in the least that there is zero evidence of collusion.

In addition, I think that a lot of us are waiting for the other shoe to drop, i.e., the investigation into FISA warrants, the Steele dossier, and Democrat complicity in spying on the Trump campaign, which implicates Obama, Biden, Loretta Lynch, James Comey, William Brennan, James Clapper and others.

The obstruction theory that now undergirds current left-wing attacks on Trump, which they’ve turned to in desperation now that they've had their asses kicked over the collusion bushwah, is a symptom of political panic, and a waste of time. It will come to nothing, as will any attempts to impeach Trump. (I strongly encourage the Democrats to pursue those lines of attack vigorously and wholeheartedly, because it’s a losing strategy.)

On a related topic, now that we know that Obama was aware the Russians were attempting to interfere in our elections in 2014, and did NOTHING about it, he’s starting to look bad, really bad. By extension, so is Joe Biden as his VP.

Finally, CNN is in big trouble now that their collusion delusion has collapsed underneath them. Their viewership is down, way down, and I would not be surprised to see them fold, rebrand, or change in some fundamental way. If they became an honest and fair news organization, they might have a chance to survive, but it’s not looking good. It would necessitate firing just about every current on-air personality as well as Jeff Zucker and anyone with editorial control who have willingly made themselves the house organ for the left-wing. I mean, think about it: all those fools at CNN ditched Alan Dershowitz, a true liberal with an impeccable reputation, in favor of Michael Avenati, who is basically a scumbag. How did that turn out? Well, prison looms in Avenati’s near future, and Dershowitz continues on his straight and narrow path, his reputation untarnished -- enhanced, if anything. Dershowitz and I would disagree on a lot of political issues, but he has one characteristic that will always cast him in a favorable light in my eyes: he’s honest. He didn’t vote for Trump in 2016, probably won’t vote for him in 2020, but he believes in the Constitution and the basic fundamentals of fair play, which is as good a description as any of the core of what makes America great: we believe in fair play. As such, he wouldn't participate in the attempted coup of a duly elected president. CNN cast aside his powerful, honest intellect, and lifetime of experience, in favor of a shyster, simply because the shyster was attacking Trump. What more do you need to know about the ethical, moral and intellectual vacuity at CNN?

All this leads us to a wild election season (are they ever otherwise?). And I'm calling it now. Barring a medical catastrophe for Trump, he will beat whoever the Democrats throw at him, but it's going to be ugly. Paraphrasing and slightly misquoting Bette Davis’s immortal line from ALL ABOUT EVE jsut before she ascended the staircase, “Buckle up folks, it’s going to be a bumpy ride to the election.”

#169000 - 04/28/19 08:09 AM Re: Mueller report [Re: jmill]
Silence Offline
enthusiast

Loc: South Africa
I fully agree with your assessment on Russiagate. Jimmy Dore has been calling it out since day one.

The Democrats are corrupt and weak and have to cheat even inside their own party to keep it from being overthrown by grassroots movements.

The News media are just as corrupt as politicians. Anyway they are not here to inform us, they are here to make big $.

#169009 - 05/01/19 07:01 PM Re: Mueller report [Re: Silence]
Johnkenerson71 Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
I can't wait till Barr opens a can of whip-ass and we start seeing indictments aimed at Brennan, Clapper, Strzok, Page, Comey, McCabe, Lynch and even Clinton and Obama. If that happens, then the swamp is truly drained.

Trump may be an ass, but he's exactly what's needed to pop the festering boil that is American politics. I can't wait to vote for him in 2020!

#169152 - 05/29/19 09:54 PM Re: Mueller report [Re: Johnkenerson71]
jmill Online   content
Full Shrike

How did someone like Robert Mueller ever get to be the head of the FBI? I guess I shouldn't be shocked. If James Comey can become head of the FBI, then just about any jackass must be able to get the job. He has clearly violated his duty as a prosecutor to not indict people in the court of public opinion. Read below, and note Barr's opinion about Muellers phrasing in the report.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/gregg-jarrett-robert-mueller-trump-russia-investigation-report

#169153 - 05/30/19 12:32 AM Re: Mueller report [Re: jmill]
Shrike1 Online   content
veteran

Loc: Greenville, NC
 Originally Posted By: jmill

How did someone like Robert Mueller ever get to be the head of the FBI? I guess I shouldn't be shocked. If James Comey can become head of the FBI, then just about any jackass must be able to get the job. He has clearly violated his duty as a prosecutor to not indict people in the court of public opinion. Read below, and note Barr's opinion about Muellers phrasing in the report.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/gregg-jarrett-robert-mueller-trump-russia-investigation-report

First of all I shouldn't even post this because I know it won't matter.

William Barr, DT's newest personal lawyer, obviously did not read the report that he summarized in the four pages nearly a month before the public got to see it. If he had read it he would know that the report said because of the Department of Justice memo regarding the inability to charge the president with a crime that he would not be able to do so.

Barr already knew that obviously but decided to take matters into his own hands and distort the reports actual findings and spin it in a way that made things look favorable for DT. He knew he had weeks to get out ahead of the actual report and give DT some time to use it as propaganda and misinformation.

As for what Barr says Robert Mueller told him about the Justice Department memo and what role it played in his report, Barr is nothing but a liar. A hack who foreshadowed exactly what he was going to do by writing that opinion before he ever became the attorney general. If anybody believes a word he says after his four-page summary and his testimony and his press conference before releasing the report I feel sorry for their naïveté.

That's all I have to say on the matter. Have fun.

Greg

Edited by Shrike1 (05/30/19 01:01 AM)
Edit Reason: name

#169154 - 05/30/19 03:27 PM Re: Mueller report [Re: Shrike1]
jryan Offline
Hardcase

Loc: Oakton VA
 Originally Posted By: Shrike1

William Barr, DT's newest personal lawyer, obviously did not read the report that he summarized in the four pages nearly a month before the public got to see it. If he had read it he would know that the report said because of the Department of Justice memo regarding the inability to charge the president with a crime that he would not be able to do so.

Saying that you can't indict a president is not the same as saying that you would have indicted him otherwise. Barr's statement was the Mueller stated that the inability to indict played no role in his final decision.

Mueller's press conference was an aberration of law and Mueller should lose his law license over it. His argument that "they couldn't be confident that he wasn't guilty" is on its face indicting the President in the court of public opinion. Indict or not, but the bullshit of hinting at guilt without giving the person the ability to defend themselves in court is an unconscionable act by a former DA.

Quote:
Barr already knew that obviously but decided to take matters into his own hands and distort the reports actual findings and spin it in a way that made things look favorable for DT. He knew he had weeks to get out ahead of the actual report and give DT some time to use it as propaganda and misinformation.

And by "take matters into his own hands" you mean perform the duties of Attorney General? If Mueller thought that Trump should be indicted then it is MUELLER who punted his responsibilities as special prosecutor. And if his intention was to give enough meat to the House for an indictment then he is a fool. The Legislature is NOT a court, and guilt is NOT determined by the legislature. Attempting to impeach a president for a crime that he has not been found guilty of in court is a disgusting abuse of separation of powers.

Quote:
As for what Barr says Robert Mueller told him about the Justice Department memo and what role it played in his report, Barr is nothing but a liar. A hack who foreshadowed exactly what he was going to do by writing that opinion before he ever became the attorney general. If anybody believes a word he says after his four-page summary and his testimony and his press conference before releasing the report I feel sorry for their naïveté.

You actually know less than nothing about what has happened behind closed doors and yet have made your mind up in advance anyway.

Have you stopped to wonder why Mueller went on to say that he does not want to testify before congress, and chose to speak to the Press instead? If I were a betting man I would say that it has something to do with that oath he would be required to take before submitting his statement into the record.

Barr has made his statement under oath, Mueller has specifically requested to not take an oath... hmmmmmmm.

Quote:
That's all I have to say on the matter. Have fun.

Greg

That aint much.

Edited by jryan (05/30/19 03:28 PM)

#169155 - 05/30/19 03:55 PM Re: Mueller report [Re: jryan]
jmill Online   content
Full Shrike

Here's an article from Alan Dershowitz, another stalwart conservative (not!) that left-wingers can dismiss with an airy wave of their hand. He says Mueller put not just his thumb but his whole elbow on the scales of justice. Barr is a highly respected former AG, not a hack, Greg, and nothing he has done has shown that he is anything other than honest, forthright and law-abiding. Call him a hack when he nails some folks for spying on a presidential campaign, and see who listens to that hack noise then. Dershowitz is no fan of Trump, but he's an honest man who not only believes in the Constitution, but also knows that the unfair tactics the Democrats are using to "get" Trump can be turned against a left-wing president too. He's playing the long game, as we all should.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/robert-mueller-worse-comey-alan-dershowitz

#169156 - 05/30/19 04:21 PM Re: Mueller report [Re: Shrike1]
Mike F Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Chico, CA.
. . . who foreshadowed exactly what he was going to do by writing that opinion before he ever became the attorney general.

That's interesting. Do you have evidence to support this?

#169158 - 05/31/19 02:10 PM Re: Mueller report [Re: jryan]
Bontrager Offline

Loc: California
 Originally Posted By: jryan

Saying that you can't indict a president is not the same as saying that you would have indicted him otherwise. Barr's statement was the Mueller stated that the inability to indict played no role in his final decision.

Greg

Precisely. There was no conflict between what Barr said and what Mueller had said in his report, and the DOJ and the office of the Special Counsel released a joint clarifying statement after Mueller spoke saying exactly that:

“The Attorney General has previously stated that the Special Counsel repeatedly affirmed that he was not saying that, but for the OLC (Office of Legal Counsel) opinion, he would have found the President obstructed justice. The Special Counsel’s report and his statement today made clear that the office concluded it would not reach a determination—one way or the other—about whether the President committed a crime,” said Kerri Kupec, spokeswoman for the Department of Justice and Peter Carr, spokesman for the special counsel’s Office, in the joint statement.

“There is no conflict between these statements,” they said.

In other words, there is no reasonable legal basis other than politics for proceeding with an impeachment investigation of "high crimes and misdemeanors" when Mueller's report said nothing to the effect that, were it not for the OLC opinion, the President would have been accused of obstructing justice, and Mueller affirmed to the Attorney General that the OLC opinion played no role in putting aside a finding of obstructing justice.

ETA: Likely the Democrats will proceed with an impeachment investigation if they have reason to believe that the IG's and the Attorney General's investigations into the activities of the FBI and other intelligence agencies will bear fruit. As any Alinskyite would tell you, you can't have those things grabbing the headlines leading up to the election, and have nothing of equal weight with which to counteract them otherwise, in a vacuum.

Edited by Bontrager (05/31/19 08:02 PM)

#169161 - 06/01/19 01:42 AM Re: Mueller report [Re: Bontrager]
jmill Online   content
Full Shrike

Listen (or read the transcript on the same site) to Bill Barr's interview yesterday with Jan Crawford of CBS News. It's obvious the interviewer is expecting different answers than she got. I get the impression she thinks she's going to nail him or something. Barr outclassed her by a mile. How? He tells the truth. Listen to it or read, your pleasure.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/william-bar...ive-2019-05-31/

Page 1 of 3 123>

Hop to:

Generated in 0.028 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Zlib compression disabled.

Home    Books    Curtis on Publishing   Previews    Bio    Bibliography    Snapshots     Foreign News    Reader's Forum    Art