Home        About Dan        News        Books        Forum        Art

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#168979 - 04/22/19 10:59 PM Help With Marriage Proposal
codyz Offline

Loc: California, USA
This is a long shot, but I'm proposing to my girlfriend, and seeing as Mr. Simmons is her favorite author, it would amazing if he could help in a small way.

My girlfriend Rissa is an absolutely massive fan of Mr. Simmon's work. Last year she read 200 books (202 to be exact a typical year for her), and I swear, it seemed like every other one was his. She talks about how his writing has informed the way she thinks about life and about herself, and especially about the brilliance of his prose. Her favorite book of his is of course Hyperion, but Black Hills and Illium are close runners up.

As impressive as she is in regards to being well-read, she is just as much if not more in every other respect her mind is terrifyingly quick, shes fiercely compassionate and indefatigably loyal, she has impeccable taste in art (she has turned me on to half of the stuff I now hold dear), and to top it off shes painfully gorgeous. The only way Ive convinced her to be with me is through the successful completion of an ancient black magic incantation Im still waiting on the jade gargoyle to take my firstborn son.

Unfortunately, despite how amazing she is, she hasnt had the easiest go of life. Her mother has borderline personality disorder, and she was quite thoroughly neglected as a child. All of this is to say that she deserves the absolute best, and I intend to give it to her.

In just over a month, Ill be proposing to her, and I was hoping Mr. Simmons might be able to play a part. I realize this might be a stretch, but if hed be willing to record a short video message to her, she would melt. Short of that, perhaps a signed book with a brief written message? I would of course be happy to provide whatever compensation he deemed fair for whatever he'd be willing to do. And I know he gets this request frequently, so if he cant do anything, I completely understand.

If there's any way to reach him that you guys are aware of, let me know. Mr. Simmons, if you read this and decide that you're willing to take the time, please send me an email at codyzervas@gmail.com. I can provide some more details there. Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and for considering my request, and thank you 26 times over if youve decided to help. In either case, please keep making great art.

#168991 - 04/26/19 12:46 PM Re: Help With Marriage Proposal [Re: codyz]
McQ Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Congratulations on your upcoming marriage to someone who sounds absolutely wonderful!

I hope you're able to get an assist from the esteemed author!

Best wishes for a long and happy marriage.

#169133 - 05/23/19 05:23 AM Re: Help With Marriage Proposal [Re: McQ]
Shrike Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Russia, Ekaterinburg
I envy! My wife Hyperion did not appreciate \:\(

Page 1 of 1 1

Hop to:

Generated in 0.03 seconds in which 0.006 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression disabled.

Home    Books    Curtis on Publishing   Previews    Bio    Bibliography    Snapshots     Foreign News    Reader's Forum    Art