Home        About Dan        News        Books        Forum        Art

Page 4 of 4 <1234
Topic Options
#168990 - 04/26/19 08:25 AM Re: Boys and girls ARE born different from each other [Re: Enright]
Ward Offline
veteran

Thank you, Enright(Jim)for your thoughts. They are "on target" and make me happy, or should I say gay. (smiley face).
#168993 - 04/26/19 09:00 AM Re: Boys and girls ARE born different from each other [Re: Ward]
ScottSA Offline
CEO of the Hegemony

Loc: Canada
 Originally Posted By: Ward
You got it exactly correct Jobiska. That point was in my first days lecture when I taught THE SOCIOLGY OF GENDER ROLES. Currently I'm trying to understand the whole "identity" issue/conundrum. It's hard to understand how silly things became in such a short period of time (and to think that I used to teach Social Change as well). Glad I'm retired.
In the current political climate, it has become accepted wisdom that gender comes before physiology in determining physiology. Apparently we're all located somewhere between male and female (TBD and some unspecified later date), and penii and vaginas are incidental. The western world is upside down

#168994 - 04/26/19 11:35 AM Re: Boys and girls ARE born different from each other [Re: ScottSA]
Enright Offline
Super User

Loc: CA
 Originally Posted By: ScottSA
You got it exactly correct Jobiska. That point was in my first days lecture when I taught THE SOCIOLGY OF GENDER ROLES. Currently I'm trying to understand the whole "identity" issue/conundrum. It's hard to understand how silly things became in such a short period of time (and to think that I used to teach Social Change as well). Glad I'm retired.
In the current political climate, it has become accepted wisdom that gender comes before physiology in determining physiology. Apparently we're all located somewhere between male and female (TBD and some unspecified later date), and penii and vaginas are incidental. The western world is upside down

I am wondering Scott if you intended to use "gender" as meaning something akin to "gender role" or "a euphemism for sex," as you clearly did above. It seems to me that if those who are promoting this "upside down view" of the sexes can get everyone (including those who are opposed to it) to adopt and use their sense of what the term "gender" means, i.e., the equivalent of "gender role," then they are about 90% on the way home to winning the public argument in general, regardless of whatever else might be said in opposition to it.

#169029 - 05/06/19 02:28 PM Re: Boys and girls ARE born different from each other [Re: Ward]
AuntJobiska Offline
enthusiast

Loc: USA
You got it exactly correct Jobiska. Your point was the same that I attempted to make on day one of THE SOCIOLGY OF GENDER ROLES class. Currently I'm trying to understand the whole "identity" issue/conundrum. It's hard to understand how silly things have become in such a short period of time (and to think that I used to teach Social Change as well). Glad I'm retired. This forum continues to help in my post teaching education. I'm grateful that you and others are still here.

Whew! Thank you, dear sir! I was afraid I had got old and dotty there.

I apologize it has taken me so long to reply after your kind and prompt help. Oh dear! As soon as I get time, I will risk sharing my little theories as to why we have arrived at such a strange shore -- with full hope of receiving reality checks a nd vigorous criticism of course. This is how we learn.

Best wishes to you and yours!

#169049 - 05/08/19 01:17 PM Re: Boys and girls ARE born different from each other [Re: AuntJobiska]
AuntJobiska Offline
enthusiast

Loc: USA
While I still think kids have it tough these days, and would like to explore that with you guys, I just don't have the heart for it today. After happened yesterday in Denver. Perhaps in time...
Page 4 of 4 <1234

Hop to:

Generated in 0.025 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression disabled.

Home    Books    Curtis on Publishing   Previews    Bio    Bibliography    Snapshots     Foreign News    Reader's Forum    Art