Home        About Dan        News        Books        Forum        Art

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#168738 - 02/02/19 06:09 PM Collusion With The Russians
Enright Online   content
Super User

Loc: CA
I came across this piece I wrote some time ago, but can't remember if I posted it on this forum or not. My apologies in advance if that is so, but just in case, I thought it interesting enough (perhaps) to post now:

Imagine if Donald Trump had run against Barack Obama in 2012 and won. Further imagine that he ran for re-election in 2016, and his opponent was Hillary Clinton. Imagine on – that the Clinton 2016 campaign, through Fusion GPS, had used information and stories from Russian intelligence agencies on Trump to create a slanderous dossier to be used against him. That would be far more evidence, actual physical evidence, of collusion between her campaign and the Russians than anything we've seen so far in the Mueller investigation. In that scenario, as a result of the 2012 election, if we are to use the same logic the Left is using in all this, Trump's Justice Department and FBI, 2016, would have been fully justified during the 2016 campaign to send national intelligence agents (or others paid by them) into Hillary's campaign for investigation of potential collusion with the Russians (which “collusion” doesn't even appear to be a crime in either case). That, it seems to me, would be a matter of one political party using the national government to spy on another political party during an election campaign. We see how insidious this whole thing is, not the least with regard to the precedent it may be setting.

#168739 - 02/02/19 06:24 PM Re: Collusion With The Russians [Re: Enright]
ScottSA Offline
CEO of the Hegemony

Loc: Canada
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsFR8DbSRQE

Here's overt and documented "collusion" for political purposes.

It wasn't illegal then and it's not now (which implies the question of why a special prosecutor was appointed to investigate something that's not actually against the law), but if now, why not then?

#168747 - 02/05/19 12:42 PM Re: Collusion With The Russians [Re: ScottSA]
ColinFraizer Online   content
enthusiast

Loc: Indiana, USA
I can't be the only old fogey here who remembers that Sen. Ted Kennedy explicitly sought assistance from the Yuri Andropov to undermine Ronald Reagan's bid for re-election in 1984. [He won every state except MN—and that was in reach.]
Page 1 of 1 1

Hop to:

Generated in 0.025 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression disabled.

Home    Books    Curtis on Publishing   Previews    Bio    Bibliography    Snapshots     Foreign News    Reader's Forum    Art