Home        About Dan        News        Books        Forum        Art

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#168690 - 01/05/19 08:44 AM News from the PRB: “'Gun-toting hippies'“
ColinFraizer Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Indiana, USA
“'Gun-toting hippies' greet Boulder 'assault weapons' ban with mass noncompliance”

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/jan/3/boulder-colorado-assault-weapons-ban-met-mass-non-/

That is my favorite kind of hippies…

#168736 - 02/02/19 11:13 AM Re: News from the PRB: “'Gun-toting hippies'“ [Re: ColinFraizer]
ScottSA Offline
CEO of the Hegemony

Loc: Canada
It seems to me that this whole "assault weapon" phobia is generated by folks who have never held a gun. Any semi-auto hunting rifle or carbine is far more dangerous than small calibre armalite firearms. The bullets are bigger, they travel further, and they often tumble in ways sure to inflict maximum damage. I don't know if full-auto is allowed for ARs in Colorado or not, but no one who wants to hit anything uses it anyway...you can pull the trigger almost as fast and with more accuracy using semi-auto. The only thing ARs have that hunting rifles don't (except perhaps the more or less useless capability of full-auto) is that they look scary and all militaryish.

If they try to ban these things in Canada, as our virtue-signalling Liberal government is gabbling about, I have a sneaking suspicion that a lot of gun owners are going to find that they've suddenly been burgled by nefarious gun thieves, and are consequently no longer able to turn in their fire-arms to the authorities. So sorry.

Page 1 of 1 1

Hop to:

Generated in 0.017 seconds in which 0.006 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression disabled.

Home    Books    Curtis on Publishing   Previews    Bio    Bibliography    Snapshots     Foreign News    Reader's Forum    Art