Home        About Dan        News        Books        Forum        Art

Page 2 of 3 <123>
Topic Options
#169228 - 07/16/19 05:14 PM Re: Backpacking in Colorado [Re: CPD]
AuntJobiska Offline
enthusiast

Loc: USA
Oh wow! Lucky you! I have been up there, but it has been over 30 years and my poor old brain simply cannot remember anything that might be helpful to you. Wish I could! I was up there in August and the wildflowers were out of this world. Also, I remember the quality of the sunlight was sublime. I know these are not helpful obsevations/memories, but hope they add to your anticipation.

Here's hoping someone else more knowledgeable and helpful will come along. In the meantime, enjoy!

ETA: I spent a goodly part of my girlhood hiking in the Alps and was astonished that so many of the tiny shy wildflowers on that trail were so similar to my faves in the Swiss Alps. No docile Swiss cows to hang out with, but otherwise I kept thinking that anyone who hiked that trail has as good as done a typical Swiss Alpine trail, so that is that, too. I am so glad you are getting to do this! I also loved the way you could see clouds from afar up there, and at such a lovely and unusual angle. A good for the soul place!

Edited by AuntJobiska (07/16/19 05:53 PM)

#169240 - 07/21/19 06:24 PM Re: Backpacking in Colorado [Re: AuntJobiska]
CPD Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Lorain County, Ohio, USA
Thank you Auntie! I'm really looking forward to this!

#169245 - 07/25/19 08:00 PM Re: Backpacking in Colorado [Re: CPD]
Happy Birthday steele,rick Online   content
Super User

Loc: Sarasota, Florida
Send pictures!!

#169259 - 07/29/19 11:56 PM Re: Backpacking in Colorado [Re: steele,rick]
CPD Offline
enthusiast

I'm home. Great hike! Pictures will have to wait. I fell in a river and my phone was in my pocket. I think I drove by Dan's house on my way to fly fishing. If it wasn't, then it was very similar. Totally not stalking you, Dan! Just by chance, I swear!

#169260 - 07/30/19 02:19 PM Re: Backpacking in Colorado [Re: CPD]
Super User

Oh No!!! Weren't your photos automatically uploaded to the cloud?

#169261 - 07/30/19 02:49 PM Re: Backpacking in Colorado [Re: steele,rick]
jmill Online   content
Full Shrike

Dry your phone out in a jar of white rice, it may work again just fine. You can even heat the rice up a little bit in the microwave first (BEFORE you put the phone in!) Don't get it too hot, just nicely warm.

#169264 - 07/31/19 06:35 PM Re: Backpacking in Colorado [Re: jmill]
CPD Offline
enthusiast

No jars of white rice around in the backcountry. No backups to iCloud going on where there's no signal. Fortunately, my friends took pictures.

I'd add pictures, but I can't figure out how on this forum. Enter and image requires a URL?

#169266 - 08/01/19 01:03 PM Re: Backpacking in Colorado [Re: CPD]
jmill Online   content
Full Shrike

Yeah, it has to be posted somewhere so it can be accessed via its URL. Unless someone else knows of a trick?

#169267 - 08/01/19 01:30 PM Re: Backpacking in Colorado [Re: CPD]
Super User

Just give us a link to a facebook account where the pictures are.

#169268 - 08/01/19 07:38 PM Re: Backpacking in Colorado [Re: steele,rick]
CPD Offline
enthusiast

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AXEqbMAHuNkczzYa6

I'm in the My Colorado Hike Photos

Hope I did that right.
I'm the guy in either the bright blue shirt with olive hat or the camouflage, depending on the picture.

Page 2 of 3 <123>

Hop to:

Generated in 0.029 seconds in which 0.005 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression disabled.

Home    Books    Curtis on Publishing   Previews    Bio    Bibliography    Snapshots     Foreign News    Reader's Forum    Art