Home        About Dan        News        Books        Forum        Art

Page 1 of 1 1
Topic Options
#168551 - 10/12/18 06:39 AM And back to Climate Change discussion
jryan Offline
Hardcase

Loc: Oakton VA
Here is an interesting, and long over due,expose on the amazingly poor state of one of the primary historical global climate databases, HADCRUT (now of 4th "revision"):

http://joannenova.com.au/2018/10/first-a...-boats-on-land/

The lack of scientific rigor in maintaining and correcting this data set is staggering.

I would expect similarly obscene methods used in maintaining the other primary data set GISTEMP. Especially given that that data set has been managed by global warming activists since its inception.

It seems that in the field of climate data gathering we have had something akin to two students who didn't study who are now cheating off each others exams.

#168571 - 10/17/18 05:33 PM Re: And back to Climate Change discussion [Re: jryan]
AuntJobiska Offline
enthusiast

Loc: USA
But what about the beer, Jryan? The beer!

A similar story ran in our local paper yesterday:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/...e-weather-price

(Trouble brewing: climate change to cause 'dramatic' beer shortages)

It would have been worth the price of raisin toast to have had a booth at the local Awful House just to hear the good ol' boys guffawing over their grits and newsprint yesterday.

Why does stupid spell check think "guffawing" is not a word? Where did I go wrong? Or, as I suspect, is spell check a dirty rotten commie mole deployed to turn us all into ignoramuses?

#168572 - 10/17/18 06:11 PM Re: And back to Climate Change discussion [Re: AuntJobiska]
Enright Offline
Super User

Loc: CA
 Originally Posted By: AuntJobiska
But what about the beer, Jryan? The beer!

A similar story ran in our local paper yesterday:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/...e-weather-price

(Trouble brewing: climate change to cause 'dramatic' beer shortages)

It would have been worth the price of raisin toast to have had a booth at the local Awful House just to hear the good ol' boys guffawing over their grits and newsprint yesterday.

Why does stupid spell check think "guffawing" is not a word? Where did I go wrong? Or, as I suspect, is spell check a dirty rotten commie mole deployed to turn us all into ignoramuses?

For those who may not know, an "ignoramus" is a species of hippopotamus found only in the East African river ponds of Mesopotamia (or so it was thought originally in the 1930s). Many "ignoramus" constitute what is called a "plethora" of ignoramuses.

#168579 - 10/21/18 02:28 PM Re: And back to Climate Change discussion [Re: Enright]
steele,rick Offline
Super User

Loc: Sarasota, Florida
Many "ignoramus"....you mean, "Ignorami" ;\)

to wit,

"Look across the river over there at that plethora of ignorami!!!"

#168583 - 10/22/18 10:55 AM Re: And back to Climate Change discussion [Re: steele,rick]
Enright Offline
Super User

Loc: CA
 Originally Posted By: steele,rick
Many "ignoramus"....you mean, "Ignorami" ;\)

to wit,

"Look across the river over there at that plethora of ignorami!!!"

Great tip. While ignorami would have sounded better in that context, I was thinking historically, going with the earlier usage. In fact, it wasn't until the great explorer Stanley met David Livingston in Africa, and said, "Dr. Livingston, I presume," that the latter usage was coined. Livingston, a rather irascible fellow, responded to Stanley by saying, "Of course, jackass!" and later that night told his wife, "Our peaceful little African village is being invaded by the ignorami."

Page 1 of 1 1

Hop to:

Generated in 0.01 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression disabled.

Home    Books    Curtis on Publishing   Previews    Bio    Bibliography    Snapshots     Foreign News    Reader's Forum    Art