Home        About Dan        News        Books        Forum        Art

Page 66 of 67 « First<6364656667>
Topic Options
#168403 - 09/11/18 01:32 PM Re: Welcome [Re: AuntJobiska]
Jason_WB Offline
enthusiast

Loc: CO, USA
Hello all --

On this day of memorial I am both sad remembering so much fear and also rejoicing that life continues and I am older and wiser. Not to be maudlin or make light of the sober occasion.

I am happy to join with fans and followers of my favorite writer! I'm a neophyte aspiring writer myself and been reading Dan's stuff for 25 years, not sure what else to say here. Hello!

#168407 - 09/12/18 01:20 PM Re: Welcome [Re: Jason_WB]
Jason_WB Offline
enthusiast

I'm gonna need a bigger boat. But that is my favorite movie.

I have far too many things to say any of them. I also feel some frustration at having been unable to keep up with Dan's canon in recent years. Please all excuse my half aware participation -- I am taking in a lot and wishing to be mindful of my place, to the extent that that is possible. I'm a pretty slow reader.

#168408 - 09/12/18 03:32 PM Re: Welcome [Re: Jason_WB]
AuntJobiska Offline
enthusiast

Loc: USA
Welcome, Jason! When the website overhaul is done, be sure to check out our gracious host's Writing Well series on the home page. It is a true treasure!

Things are a bit slow here lately, but don't be shy. Join in!

#168409 - 09/12/18 09:14 PM Re: Welcome [Re: AuntJobiska]
Shrike1 Offline
veteran

Loc: Greenville, NC
Jason, this first link should take you to the last Writing Well installment Simmons uploaded. In the link below that one you'll find the previous installments.

Welcome to the forum!

http://www.dansimmons.com/writing_welll/writing.htm

http://www.dansimmons.com/writing_welll/archive/writing_index.htm

Greg

#168410 - 09/13/18 11:08 AM Re: Welcome [Re: Shrike1]
Jason_WB Offline
enthusiast

Thank you kind sirs for the warm welcome. And yes I look forward to absorbing Dan on writing and life the universe and everything. I'm TERRIFIED! But if he don't know how to write well, ain't we all in a whole heap of trouble!

It's gonna be a feast.

I'm an aspiring writer myself, which is to say, not commercially published though I've spun some wicked yarns in my day. I really am hoping to learn from everyone and sort myself out enough to maybe make a dollar some day as an actual, honest-to-goodness writer. I'm maybe not attached to that outcome so much as trying to forge ahead.

#168411 - 09/13/18 03:35 PM Re: Welcome [Re: Jason_WB]
AuntJobiska Offline
enthusiast

Loc: USA
You can check out the On Writing Well part of the forum, too. It has not been so active lately, but if you click on "all dates" you can find some helpful and lively discussions.
#168412 - 09/14/18 12:36 PM Re: Welcome [Re: AuntJobiska]
Jason_WB Offline
enthusiast

Reading...
#168437 - 09/25/18 04:37 AM Re: Welcome [Re: Jason_WB]
morrisongold Offline

Loc: Paris, France
Hi there,

I'm a french newcomer. I'm a Dan Simmons fan since forever.
Here in France we don't have The Abominable and The Fifth Heart translated. So the last I read was Flashback in 2012 six years ago. Very eager to read new material.
And very happy to be here ;\)

#168485 - 10/04/18 01:21 PM Re: Welcome [Re: morrisongold]
Dan Simmons Administrator Offline
CEO of the Hegemony

Loc: Colorado
Dan S. comments to morrisongold:

Welcome to the forums! I'm sorry that the last few novels haven't been translated in France yet. I do know that we've made a comprehensive deal with our French publisher which essentially includes publishing all the books I now have in print and new novels yet to be scheduled.

DS

#168512 - 10/07/18 01:24 PM Re: Welcome [Re: morrisongold]
JPJK Offline

Loc: Montréal
 Originally Posted By: morrisongold
Hi there,

I'm a french newcomer. I'm a Dan Simmons fan since forever.
Here in France we don't have The Abominable and The Fifth Heart translated. So the last I read was Flashback in 2012 six years ago. Very eager to read new material.
And very happy to be here ;\)

Welcome to the forum ! French is also my first language and the original version of The Abominable and Fifth Heart aren't that hard to get into, even considering our little "weakness". Considering that you're able to make yourself clear in this post, I think that you'd be able to rush into the newer material from our host \:\)

Page 66 of 67 « First<6364656667>

Hop to:

Generated in 0.1 seconds in which 0.001 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression disabled.

Home    Books    Curtis on Publishing   Previews    Bio    Bibliography    Snapshots     Foreign News    Reader's Forum    Art