Home        About Dan        News        Books        Forum        Art

Page 4 of 67 « First<23456>Last »
Topic Options
#31 - 04/07/06 02:45 AM Re: Firefox User [Re: Evo]
Karenas Offline

Loc: Texas
Well, I didn't want to just start dumping details--that's why I asked about other ideas. In fact, I am also using Win 98 and while I can not think of any other site I am having problems with, perhaps that is the issue.
#32 - 04/07/06 02:52 AM Re: Firefox User [Re: Karenas]
cshl Offline
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Here
go to the firefox website for support. We can't solve it here.

#33 - 04/22/06 11:16 AM Re: Welcome [Re: Dan Simmons]
0rbital Offline

Loc: UK
Dan

Only to say thank you for defining my nemesis: I suffer from depression and have long sought to give my opponent an image to confront. Churchill had his Black Dog; I now have The Shrike. It is much easier to defeat a foe you can see.

I would also say that the US visulisations of the shrike on book covers are awful. The UK Gollancz cover of the Hyperion Ominibus shows a spiked medieval helmet (a very similar one is in the UK Royal Armoury)- perfect as far as I am concerned.

Matt Winter

#34 - 04/22/06 02:06 PM Re: Welcome [Re: 0rbital]
Anonymous
Unregistered

orbital says - I would also say that the US visulisations of the shrike on book covers are awful. The UK Gollancz cover of the Hyperion Ominibus shows a spiked medieval helmet (a very similar one is in the UK Royal Armoury)- perfect as far as I am concerned.<

i havent seen a decent shrike, yet.

#35 - 04/23/06 07:35 AM Re: Welcome [Re: ]
0rbital Offline

Most go for far too many spikes...
#36 - 04/23/06 01:39 PM Re: Welcome [Re: 0rbital]
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Most go for far too many spikes...

yeah, i can dig that; or theyre in funky, comic or anime-like wildness....however, most dont show four arms. whats with that?

#37 - 04/24/06 08:26 AM Re: Welcome [Re: Dan Simmons]
romano Offline

Loc: Switzerland
Sorry for my bad english (Englisch is not my mother tongue).

I have just finished the hyperion /endymion series. And I want to tank you for this wonderful story. At the end of endymion I cried. I have never cried when reading a book. This story is absolutely wonderful.
Thank you Mr Simmons.

Is it allowed to ask you a question, Mr. Simmons?
Iím just wondering. When writing hyperion, do you have had the ending of endymion in mind? Or have or you developed stroy successively?

#38 - 04/24/06 05:40 PM Re: Welcome [Re: romano]
Dan Simmons Administrator Offline
CEO of the Hegemony

Loc: Colorado
Dan Simmons answers romero --

When I started writing HYPERION I didn't even have the end of that novel, HYPERION, in mind. At the time, I hadn't imagined writing ENDYMION or THE RISE OF ENDYMION. They came a few years later. -- Best, Dan S.

#39 - 04/28/06 11:38 AM Re: Welcome [Re: ]
0rbital Offline

I figure halfd of these artists don't even read the book...thebrief comes in "big bloke, spikes, imposing" and they run from there...
#40 - 05/04/06 01:37 AM Re: Welcome [Re: 0rbital]
Ian Offline

Loc: Greece
I am extremelly amazed and fascinated to find such a forum exists.A very nice idea IMO,plenty of chatter and interaction between fans of the books.
I will not go into the usual "singing of praises" for the books,suffice to say,that the volume of readers,not only in the States but worldwide speaks for itself.

I found all about Simmons,when accidentally me eye dropped in a peculiar,orang-ish book on a screen,someday downtown Athens,entitled Ilium.Been hooked up ever since,devoured Olympos,sought out The Hyperion Cantos and am currently lost within the wonderful pages of Endymion.

Whilst I enjoy all of the books equally,excuse me if I am a bit biased regarding the Ilium and Olympus.
Many congratulations for these two and esp the first,they are truelly monumental,epic and another 1000 characterizations that I cannot post here.

It is thrilling to say the least to see the Iliad take another shape,another route,another mantle in front of me.
It is fascinating to see all those heroes of the past,being tranformed in your very eyes,to personify all the highest human emations.
Lastly,it is extremelly enjoyous to admire an interpetation not bound by the sheer limits of contemporary literature but vigorously re-telling a heroic tale with respect and interest.

Blessed be Dan Simmons for taking us all as co-passengers in your quest for Ithaca.

Page 4 of 67 « First<23456>Last »

Hop to:

Generated in 0.009 seconds in which 0.002 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression disabled.

Home    Books    Curtis on Publishing   Previews    Bio    Bibliography    Snapshots     Foreign News    Reader's Forum    Art