Home        About Dan        News        Books        Forum        Art

Page 2 of 67 <12345>Last »
Topic Options
#11 - 10/28/05 10:37 AM Re: Welcome [Re: bladerunner]
Bart_Kedryna Offline
addict

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Yes! It works great now, and finding new posts is so much easier. Thanks a lot.

Now, another assignment. Extend the time allowed to create a post from 1 hour to 3 hours. Us ramblers need a little more time once in a while Either that or make it so that hitting the 'back' button after the timeout doesn't erase the form. But I think the first method would be easier to do, since the form erasure is mysterious and I have no idea what's causing it.

Thanks again.

#12 - 10/29/05 06:50 PM Re: Welcome [Re: Bart_Kedryna]
pennypie Administrator Offline

I'm sorry, but I dont find an option to increase the post time. I'd guess if you are working on something long, you'd be better of to create it in Word and then copy and paste. It was a reasonable request tho, but no-go.
#13 - 10/30/05 01:54 AM Re: Welcome [Re: pennypie]
Bart_Kedryna Offline
addict

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Thanks anyway. This might be for the best, actually. If it takes more than an hour to write a message, you are either rambling or you're distracted to death, in which case it probably wouldn't make much sense anyway

#14 - 01/05/06 03:21 PM Re: Welcome [Re: Dan Simmons]
bot Offline

Loc: Edmonton, Alberta
thank you
#15 - 03/19/06 11:01 PM Re: Welcome [Re: Dan Simmons]
nemomephon Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Australia
I'm a little speechless.

And more than a little shy here. Not that i'm a stranger to forums, only the mere fact that Dan himself might very well browse through here, i've suddenly become very sheepish.

I just wanted to say thanks for the welcoming. I'm not the sort of chap who gives out praise without it being due, but Dan Simmons, You have altered the course of my life and your work [hyperion/endymion] has stayed with me, fed me, and amazed me. I have wished you were present at lengthy conversations i have had with other 'void which binds' characters, and i love taking the opportunity to present these books to weary readers of average S.F.B.S. I cannot bring myself to read any other sci fi novelists, it reads so contrived, a shadow of Raul and the Hyperion universe, and the outwardly spiralling, endlessly connecting series of ideas. The beautiful fact of so much information viewed through the humble eyes of Raul Endymion makes it truly accessible to so many. I can't help but take your story of hyperion and endymion with me in my mind everyday, it means so much to me!!

Goodluck with the films. Stick to your guns and make sure those hollywood cats don't sell out your plot. Do us proud mate!

So, thank you for so much joy, mind bendingly good sci fi, but, as i said... speechless to find you out here in the void...

#16 - 03/20/06 12:17 PM Re: Welcome [Re: nemomephon]
Dan Simmons Administrator Offline
CEO of the Hegemony

Loc: Colorado
Dan Simmons to nemomephon --

Welcome aboard. You may have noticed that there are other Australians who drop by this forum, so if you get lonely for real hospitality (or good beer), be sure to look them up.

As for sticking to my guns and holding the Hollywood cats' feet to the fire (to really mix metaphors to a mulch), that's not quite the way it works. Novelists have less power and say over the film adaptations of their books than studio janitors have. Therefore, the approved method for us novelists is -- A)drive to the Nevada-California border B)wait until the Big Bag of Money is tossed over the state line in your direction C)toss your Beloved Book the opposite direction D) turn around E)drive like hell to get away before they change their minds.

That's what I did last month. Details to follow.

Again, welcome to the Forum. -- Dan Simmons

#17 - 03/20/06 01:13 PM Re: Welcome [Re: Dan Simmons]
nemomephon Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Australia
Thanks for replying Dan

Of course, i meant no offence. I am an aussie musician signed with a respected danish recording label, and in the preparations of my album, they can be often found saying "you must change this" or "make this one shorter" etc etc. but the kind of money i'm dealing with is literally half a peanut compared to a hollywood studio.

i think the "approved method for novelists" would make a good short story !?

kindest regards, drew.

#18 - 03/20/06 01:36 PM thankyou [Re: Dan Simmons]
bron Offline

i have just finished the hyperion /endymion series and found myself needing more what an amazing journey i was on every character every situation grabbed me and took me with it why did it have to end?? is there any interest in putting the amazing story on the big screen bringing what i have felt to life?
#19 - 04/05/06 06:32 PM Re: thankyou [Re: bron]
Tibbetts Offline

Cool board. I've recentely found a Dan Simmons novel. It looks very interesting.

-Tibbetts

#20 - 04/06/06 09:04 AM Re: thankyou [Re: Tibbetts]
Dan Simmons Administrator Offline
CEO of the Hegemony

Loc: Colorado
Dan Simmons replies to an earlier post query --

The four HYPERION-ENDYMION books (along with the "Orphans of the Helix" novella set in the same Hyperion universe) sold (note: not "was optioned" or "had options renewed" but sold) to the movies this February of '06. But the details of the sale and plans for the project have not been released by the studio(s) involved yet, so both courtesy and contractual obligations require me to wait until they make their announcement before I make mine. (Whether the films will actually be made, of course, is a quite separate topic). -- Dan S.

Page 2 of 67 <12345>Last »

Hop to:

Generated in 0.025 seconds in which 0.004 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression disabled.

Home    Books    Curtis on Publishing   Previews    Bio    Bibliography    Snapshots     Foreign News    Reader's Forum    Art