Home        About Dan        News        Books        Forum        Art

Page 1 of 67 12345>Last »
Topic Options
#1 - 09/26/05 12:28 PM Welcome
Dan Simmons Administrator Offline
CEO of the Hegemony

Loc: Colorado
The newly designed Dan Simmons Forum requires free registration and log-on. Participants should be aware that the forum Administrator is not a "help" resource. For all questions relating to the Dan Simmons Forum features and use, please go to the Users' Manual by visiting the following site : http://www.ubbcentral.com/support/docs/ubbthreads/UBBTuser.html

Terms of Service for the Dan Simmons Forum are simple: All visitors posting messages or replies to messages are asked to treat the forum and each other with courtesy and respect. Anyone ignoring this request will -- at the sole discretion of the Administrator (Dan Simmons) -- lose all posting privileges. By registering for this forum, you are accepting these terms of service.

We welcome you to the new and improved Dan Simmons Forum.

#2 - 09/28/05 04:48 AM Re: Welcome [Re: Dan Simmons]
Quantum Offline
enthusiast

Loc: California, USA
This is a dream come true.
On behalf of Dan's Superfans Incorporated, we thank you.

#3 - 09/28/05 10:56 PM Re: Welcome [Re: Dan Simmons]
Rob Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Zoersel, Antwerp, Belgium
Glad to be here. I've been looking forward to this new forum. Although we seemed to have shaken off our forumfuckers over the last few months, it's good that the forum has moved into a new age, not only safer from abuse, but also (I hope) a bit more user-friendly.

#4 - 09/29/05 03:27 AM Re: Welcome [Re: Rob]
Bart_Kedryna Offline
addict

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
I'd like to challenge your "safer from abuse" assertion. Why do you think so? As far as I can tell, it's as unsafe as the old forum. See the 'wow new forum' topic for more details on that.
The format is a lot better, though.

#5 - 10/02/05 10:21 PM Re: Welcome [Re: Dan Simmons]
Fudd Offline

Loc: Wellsville, Old Earth
It's about time.

But seriously, I can see myself spending some good time here.

#6 - 10/08/05 06:48 AM Re: Welcome [Re: Dan Simmons]
Bart_Kedryna Offline
addict

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
Dan or whoever might have administrative rights,

I have a request. I found this cool option on this board, on the main page, something like "See posts from the last 24 hours". It's much easier to use this than go hunting for dates in the threads. The problem is that if a new post is short, and I click 'Back' quickly, the list of new posts doesn't come back, it just says I can't perform a search now and to try again in a few minutes.

I think this is some limit of how many searches a person can perform, and it's set to one per minute or something like that. Could you lower it to one per 15 seconds? Sometimes I'm eager to read the new posts and sitting there for a minute staring at that error is a little annoying

Thanks

#7 - 10/13/05 09:30 PM Re: Welcome [Re: Quantum]
JohnnyDetch Offline
addict

Loc: Bulgaria, Sofia
in the name of the avatar, i just noticed i have the same sony home stereo as dan (can be seen at the background of his picture on http://dansimmons.com/forum.htm).
think i'm beginning to hear the music of the spheres.

#8 - 10/19/05 07:25 AM Re: Welcome [Re: Bart_Kedryna]
pennypie Administrator Offline

I'll see what I can find about resetting this option. I may not be able to get to it right away though.
#9 - 10/19/05 07:40 AM Re: Welcome [Re: pennypie]
pennypie Administrator Offline

Actually, this was a quick find to reset the search time. I set it to 10 seconds and it seems to move fluidly to the back button and then search again. The exact spot I tested was: View Recent Messages > Past 24 hours.
#10 - 10/20/05 04:24 PM Re: Welcome [Re: pennypie]
bladerunner Offline
enthusiast

Loc: Terra
Thank you very much pennypie! It is a useful function and I'm sure I'm not the only who really appreciates your fixing it!

Page 1 of 67 12345>Last »

Hop to:

Generated in 0.016 seconds in which 0.003 seconds were spent on a total of 13 queries. Zlib compression disabled.

Home    Books    Curtis on Publishing   Previews    Bio    Bibliography    Snapshots     Foreign News    Reader's Forum    Art